Sunday, October 27, 2013

this and that

 
I just got done sending off my man to Oklahoma. A trip that he has been giddy about since he found out he is going! I can't help but be a tad bit excited for him, He never sings in the shower and well lets just say he was really singing his heart out before he left!! So how can I not be excited for him?  It does look like a long week ahead but I have no choice but to make the most of it. Looking on the bright side, I'm glad it's not a week.
Here are a few shots of the new addition to the family and her proud owner


 
 Her new best friend Fluffy



 
Also this week I was having so much fun on Pinterest again and I feel like its becoming an addiction! I did recently stop at a local farm where they sell anything and everything old. I grabbed a few things and gave it a makeover.
This box I bought for 2.00
And this is how it looks afterward, Its amazing what you can do with a bottle of spray paint
The aqua blue frame was once black and had a wedding picture in it. I decided it needed a new look as well
 
 
This item below I got the idea from a creative friend, this piece was also black and said "welcome friends", I spray painted it and then used my cricut machine to print out the snowflakes and the letters. Since it will be outside on my front porch, I spray painted the whole thing with an "all weather protection glaze"
 
Since my husband and I are not huge coffee drinkers I decided it is time to make our favorite homemade hot chocolate again. It is not just any hot chocolate, it is fabulous and I got the recipe from a friend last winter. I made it many of times last year and now that the weather is getting colder again I decided it was time to whip up a batch. It is fabulous, go ahead and try it!

 
Have a wonderful sunday afternoon, Erma


 

No comments:

Post a Comment