Can someone pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming? How can tomorrow possibly be the first day of November? Why is time going by so quickly? Why? This year is flying by so quickly and I'm wondering if it's because I make myself so busy all the time or if it gets that way as you get older. Either way, I just want to fully enjoy what is left of this year. I have many goals that I would want to fulfill yet before 2014. I'm actually looking forward to the new year. I don't want to get ahead of myself but in reality it is just around the corner. I cant wait for a fresh start. I feel as if I have had the most difficult year of my entire life. Difficult and beautiful at the same time. My health spiraled out of control earlier on in the year and all summer it was rough for me but I still in my heart knew that I needed to consider myself blessed. I still had so much more than many others. As I reflect back it was also a year where God took a hold of me and turned pain and a hurtful past into restoration and life! I found victory for the first time in 16 years and I know God is not finished with me yet! I have many goals for the remaining year but I'll list 10...
1. I want to love more
2. I want to laugh more
3. I want to encourage more
4. I want to be a better listener and less of a talker
4. I want to give up of my time to help others
5. I want to rejoice more in trials
6. I want to trust God more
7. I want to be a better mom
8. I want to be a better wife
9. I want to stay away from conversations that are consumed by gossip
10. I want to be quick to forgive and forget
So cheers to a fun filled rest of the year!
I was in the baking mood today and decided to try this recipe. I got it off of pinterest and they are fabulous!
Crumb topped pumpkin cream cheese muffins
Here's the recipe if you want to try them
Muffins:
3 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin (canned or cooked)
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
*mix everything together and pour batter into muffin holders. fill each holder 3/4 full and then drop 2 tsp of cream cheese filling onto the batter. swirl alittle with a fork and then place the crumbs on top of the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry
Cream cheese filling:
6 oz cream cheese softened
2 T sugar
2 T milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
*Soften cream cheese and mix the 4 ingredients together
Crumb topping:
1 cup all purpose flour
3 T brown sugar
2 T sugar
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
6 T butter softened
*Soften the butter then add remaining ingredients.
This week was going so fast for me but today for some reason it seemed to come to a stand still. I am more than ready to have my husband home but he still did not get anything so I'm hoping he will have the opportunity yet. They have 3 hunts left so me and my daughter are earnestly praying. Alaina is being even more specific than I am. She's telling Jesus that Daddy needs to shoot a big buck so we can have bologna! :) Have a wonderful rest of the week.....

No comments:
Post a Comment