The last several days I had a blast Christmas decorating. Yes, this is the earliest I ever did this. Call me crazy but I'm not the only one. I thought it would be fun to share some ideas with you since I got all my ideas from pinterest this year. Since I have my own account I check out new pins quite often. I had a total blast with everything I did. Mom and I were together on wed part of the day and we did a few pinterest projects as well. May I say, What did I ever do without internet? I'm the type that can get easily carried away on my computer with stuff like that but I'm disciplining myself in that area of my life! So now that I've finished decorating it makes the home so cozy. My husband isn't usually the type that gushes over everything but that's ok. He likes when I make the home cozy, I know he does. Men are men and some are more expressive than others. So here are some shots of our home....
THE BEDROOM
l saw this quote on a pinterest board and thought it was adorable!
Let's just say this bright mustard runner was supposed to be scarf but it found a new home! I ordered it from etsy and apparently overlooked the measurements and when I tried it on, it looked as if I was trying to hang myself!
THE KITCHEN
I had a blast with my kitchen this year! On the top shelf I found a clear vase in my attic and spray painted it gold. Yes, gold is becoming a favorite color of mine. I bought 6 fake pears at Dollar Tree the other day and spray painted those gold as well. I know, lame, right? but I think they are adorable! you will find them on a few other pictures. Those were a pinterest idea as well. On the second shelf I filled a turquoise mason jar with alittle fake snow that you can buy at target and placed a pack of candy canes in the jar. Another pinterest idea!! :)
The next two pictures I simply grabbed a bag of pine cones at AC Moore and spray painted them white and sprinkled Epsom salt on them. It's easier if you pour a bunch of Epsom salt into a bread bag and then put the pine cones in the bag and shake it around. You want to make sure you do that right after you spray paint the cones. The Epsom salt will stick a lot better. A pinterest idea as well!
I found this antique bowl at an amish farm this summer and had so much fun with it already. These branches I found in our woods and I spray painted them white. A pinterest idea! You're probably getting tired of me saying that !:)
This chair below I found at the cottonwood house last week and I immediately fell I love with it! It matched perfectly with the colors of my kitchen. And the merry Christmas thing, $1.00 from target! I was so excited because I love anything bright and colorful.
THE LIVING ROOM
I found a board at my parents and spray painted it red and placed a wall decal on it! So simple and so cheap if you do it yourself!
Their is something so spectacular about a tree!
THE OFFICE
The frame I found at the cottonwood house last weekend and I found some cardboard, and spray painted that with chalk board spray paint. That stuff is the coolest invention ever!
ALAINA'S ROOM
A Pinterest idea below (the frame I found at the cottonwood house this past spring)
I found this wooden crate shortly after we got married and I spray painted it gray and put it in my daughters room. The pink egg basket was once black and I didn't have use for it anywhere else in my home so I spray painted it pink and filled it with white ornaments. Another PI!
Fill a glass vase with fake snow and place a few pinwheels in it!
THE FRONT PORCH
(mom gave me this window for my birthday)
momma's old skates :)
Last winter this sled below was brown, it's amazing what a bottle of spray paint can do! And the old tool box was also a cotton wood house find from this spring! Love it! The wide board I got free at a yard sale this summer and spray painted that as well with chalkboard spray paint.
The basket below was once brown with apples all over it. Lets just say it has a whole new meaning! The vase was also black and it got a makeover. The Noel letters I found at Michaels, they were black when I purchased them but the red stands out alittle more. I used red spray paint for that.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese
I was at a scrapbooking party this fall and they served these wonderful grilled cheese sandwiches. I've made them probably 10 times since! They are not just your original grilled cheese. They are spectacular! I wanted to share the recipe with you! I'm personally not a huge bread fan so I used French bread. My husband thinks the French bread gives it alittle more crunch. Also, the recipe says to use 3/4 cup mayonnaise. I just use a 1/2 cup. It's a lot better that way. To zoom in on the recipe simply click on the photo. Enjoy....
Here are a few shots of my honeys from the other day. A day of cleaning up the outside! We had thousands of leaves everywhere! And our mower gave out on us so we couldn't use the catcher. Have a wonderful week! Erma
Speaking of honey, the other day I said to Alaina, "Honey, can you please come here to mommy?" then she says, "What momma, is daddy here? Where is he?" I said, "No, Daddy isn't here, I'm calling you honey!" she replies, "I'm not honey momma! I'm Alaina!" LOL, so smart they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment