Tuesday, November 26, 2013

snow globes

Today is one of those days when you want to spend the entire day inside. I'm planning on baking ginger snaps, finish up some Christmas projects and complete a few hand lotion orders. I made lotions 2 years ago for a few fundraisers, stop and shops etc. but didn't have anything set up last year because of the arthritis. So since I am doing alot better this year I decided to give it a try again. The last two days I've made Vanilla Bean Noel, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Midnight Pomegranate, Water Orchid, Brown Sugar and Fig, Bedtime Bath (a very popular lotion for babies), Sparkling Plum, Winter Candy Apple and Twilight Woods. I'm only selling them in 8 oz. bottles and they are $8.50 each. So if anyone wants to purchase any let me know! There are no harsh chemicals or preservatives in these lotions. The only ingredients are: Emulsifying Wax, Vitamin E Oil, Safflower Oil and the fragrance.
 
Snow Globes
 
I seen these adorable snow globes on pinterest the other day and I could not get them out of my head! So yesterday I went to Christmas Tree Shop and purchased a pack of mini glittery Christmas trees. They came in a pack of 6 and only cost $6.99.
First hot glue the tree to inside of a mason jar lid. You can use wide mouth (which works better but I was short in wide mouth jars) so I used the regular jars.
Then I poured some Epsom salt into a quart sized jar, sorry this photo below is not cooperating!
Then place the tree into the jar upside down and use a ring to seal it.
Once its sealed turn the jar upside down on the countertop so the lid is on the bottom. All the Epsom salt will come to rest under the tree. Make sense? :) I thought it was cute!


 
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are having my family at our home for something different and I also am looking forward to going out in the evening with my friends. I always enjoyed Black Friday Shopping!



 
 
 
 


 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment